Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Landed

Snow on the runway here in England delayed our landing a bit.

I have landed in a city with metro stations named Wallsend and Hadrian Road. Chances should therefore be good for finding Hadrians wall itself.

The lady working in the metro information office first argued that the metro station Hadrian Road did not exist. That sounded strange to me, since my english friend, Davinder, had just short messaged me telling me that he had taken the metro there and that I could do the same thing. I told the lady the address of the hotel, which was Hadrian road. She said I should take the metro to Wallsend and gave me a map of the metro, circleing that station. Ironically, the next station after Wallsend was Hadrian Road, and of course I couldn't resist pointing that out. Next thing, the metro vending machine did not take bills, and the machine for exchanging bills to coins was out of order.

On the metro now. Time to start do some walking soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home